James Ross Macdonald built the corner store in 1877. Quickly, it became a center of social and business activity on the little island. Five generations later, his family is once again running the store he founded.
Under the guidance of Martha and Ross Sanders, our family has made a living off the land through the cultivation and sale of tomatoes. Generation after generation, we have been striving to produce tomatoes of the highest quality. With this same mindset, we have a new goal. Uniting local artisans in one collective space: Macdonald MarketPlace.